- Submissions will be reopening again in May. :)
- We may close submissions slightly earlier if our editorial team gets overwhelmed (but we'll try really hard not to!).
- Works should be primarily in English.
- We have no particular "aesthetic", but we don't accept work that is in any way racist, sexist, homophobic, transphobic or otherwise discriminatory.
- Simultaneous submissions are allowed, but please let us know in your email & tell us immediately if your work is accepted elsewhere.
- You retain all rights to your work, except those regarding non-exclusive publication on our website. Read more about electronic rights here.
- If your poems are published elsewhere, we ask that we're listed as the place of first publication.
- Unfortunately, we cannot pay contributors at this time, nor will we able to for the foreseeable future. The EIC is a student who has significantly more debt than money.
- At most, 2 of the poems may have been published elsewhere, including on personal blogs.
- None of the poems can have previously appeared in any published poetry book or chapbook.
- You must possess, or have regained, all rights to any poetry submitted.
general guidelines —
submission format —
- Please submit between 5 and 15 pages of poetry, containing at least 3 poems.
- All poems should be titled, and the collection should have a title as well.
- All poetry should be in one document as a .doc, .docx or .pdf file.
- There should be only one poem on each page.
- The first page should contain the title of the collection, the author's name, a list of the poems in order of appearance, and the author bio. This does not count towards the overall page limit.
- Please use a clear, readable font in a reasonable size.
your email —
- The subject line should contain your name and the title of your collection in the format:
Last Name, First Name: Name of Collection
- Please send a cover letter. It doesn't have to be too serious. Tell us about a podcast you like, or about the weather where you live. It makes us feel warm and fuzzy.
- Please also list which of your pieces (if any) have been published elsewhere, and their publication history.
- We'll try to get back to you as soon as possible, but if you haven't heard from us in 2 months, send an email to email@example.com and we'll respond ASAP.